Blog Archive

Monday, December 7, 2009

My babies aren't babies anymore. I have found myself lately in awe of how amazing having children really is and how in love I am with them. Over Thanksgiving break, Eddie fell while getting his pictures made at Kiddie Kandids with his cousins and mamaw and pawpaw for their Christmas card. He didn't just slip, he fell hard and although we are not really sure if he ever went unconscious or not, he displayed scary behaviors. His eyes rolled back, his arms went what looked to be like dead weight limbs, and he wasn't taking regular breaths. All I remember is picking his body up and the heat that came off of him- he had sweat a lot in just a few minutes- minutes that seemed like forever. I thought to myself this can not be happening to me. I screamed call 9-1-1. The paramedics, firemen and police all showed up but Eddie began talking to me about none other than Thomas the Train so we loaded him in our car AMA and drove directly to Cook Childrens Hospital.

It is never easy for me to be on I30 Westbound, just as it is not easy for me to go into Cooks. We were admitted through the same ER doors passing by where we had been before that very awful, devasting no words strong enough to use of a day. Jeremy carried our baby Eddie singing Silent Night as loud as he could. He was taken back for a Cat Scan and the waiting was the hardest part. I laid with him in the bed, holding him so close to me. The CT scan was clear and we were released to go. He saw a great Dr.


My children, who will hopefully share their lives together are growing up. Caroline is learning and growing each day and holds her own to her brother. She is rather smitten with her daddy! And he the same with her.

Eddie and I made a gingerbread house this weekend! NOT A KIT!!!! It was a lot of fun but we are Icing-ed out! Caroline helped herself to the spice drops, perhaps one too many.








Eddie and Caroline play together well. When I came passing through the living room this is what I saw. She is leaning up a little bit but before the picture was made she was laying down, relaxing and Eddie was doing the same.


She is my Sweet Caroline, I miss my Emily.


She carries me through my days with her JOY!


3 comments:

bethanyjones said...

My heart is in the pit of my stomach after reading this. So scary. You're amazing and I'm so glad that your baby boy is okay.

Amy said...

That is crazy! When the heck did all this happen!? How is little Eddie doing?

Jen said...

I was beginning to lose hope that you would EVER POST! YAY FOR AN UPDATE! Not like I can't walk across the street and get one but hey, this girl likes to see pictures! LOVE THOSE BABIES OF YOURS...and love you too...