Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

For weeks I had been waiting to hear and see the Christmas Performance that Eddie has been practicing for at least a month now. Without a doubt, it was awesome and I am a proud mama! The moment he walked down the aisle I knew I was in for a treat! He did well considering all of the "things"he was wearing and holding......and we will get to the shoe situation in a moment.




Eddie announced one afternoon that he was going to be playing the cymbals. I am not sure I had enough time to respond to him before he continued to tell me that he couldn't play them too loud! Really, a 3 yr old and cymbals!?! He was great!






Okay, the shoelaces...... Over the past couple of weeks Eddie has become very particular about his laces and the way that they need to be tied, so particular infact I won't mention the scene he pulled with one of his teachers. He likes the tip of the lace to be tucked and a double loop. No big deal for those that deal with him on a day to day basis. Here he is in the picture with his shoe off- I thought to myself please do not let there be an issue during the performance, please oh please. This could've been bad. I could've been that mom running up to the stage to fix the shoe, but instead of a scene he stopped singing and wiggled his little foot back into the shoe.




The last song the children sang was Happy Birthday Jesus. Last weekend I heard him sing it for the first time. We had made a gingerbread house and he said that we have to sing Happy Birthday before we eat it. I went with it, cake and happy birthday go together, right? Well it was one thing to hear him sing it at the house before we ate the Gingerbread house but at the performace, I held it together pretty well. Okay, truth-I teared up.......a lot!



He has a wonderful class this year and is making a lot of friends. I can't believe he will be in the 4's next year!!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Love the pictures. Eddie is getting so big.

Jen said...

How cute! I love the pics! Eddie looks awesome!!!

bethanyjones said...

Hey, I just got you sweet message on my blog. For some reason it doesn't email me to tell me! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to come visit me when your hubby travels! Good times!! Send me a pic of Caroline's room! I want to see the "pinkness"!!