Blog Archive

Monday, September 6, 2010

birthday


Happy 4th Birthday Eddie!! Wow! Time flies! I can't believe that my baby Eddie is a big boy! He turned 4 on July 24th and makes me proud everyday of who he has already become! As ususal we celebrated a few times this year. On his birthday we woke up early and made Eddie his favorite M&M pancakes! He opened his presents after! I know it looks a little like Christmas!!! But, I love him and wanted to shower him with books! Most of his presents I had bought through out the year from amazing book club sales!





Yum!


We also bought Eddie a Slip -n-slide for his birthday! They loved it.




Love this picture!





Yay for slipping and sliding and really great pictures!


Eddie wanted a Train cake for his birthday so I stepped outside my comfort zone and bought all the supplies needed; the pan and the fancy decorating tools and ALOT of icing! The sadness was that my tools didn't fit the icing tubes all that well so everytime I changed colors a big blob would come out the sides! Jeremy took Eddie to the baseball game and it took me the entire time they were gone to make it! I had to do a lot of it by hand! Can't wait for a new set of tools and the next birthday! Hmmm, I wonder whose?

Happy Birthday Boy with his new Tarheel Hat!






We also celebrated Eddie's birthday with family and friends later that week.






Eddie wanted a Thomas the Train cake! It was so adorable!




A party is never small at our house! All of his friends and cousins came over to celebrate good times at the Howards! We served pulled pork, hamburgers&hotdogs, salad, fruit salad, rolls and coleslaw.


Eddie picked out his decorations!




Eddie ate like a birthday boy champ!


More friends!!!


Although it was Eddie's birthday it was very nice for the adults to get together! Now that the children are getting older they have become more independent and can allow the adults to "catch-up!" It has was a very busy summer for all of us so this was a nice time to visit with friends!


It kind of looks like cirlce time in a Kindergarten classroom! Ha! In my mind I was mentally preparing!


After dinner, cake and presents we went outside to play water guns! A family/friend tradition on Winding River!





Heath, Amy & Isabella stayed awhile after everyone left. It was so nice to see them. We miss Amy & Heath being right nextdoor to us so we don't see them quite as often as we'd like!


Caroline and Izzie are about the same age and played really well together. They did share a few moments................


If pictures could only make sound!!!!


All better!!!



3 comments:

Amy said...

Great job blogging today...that had to take some time. Fun times. I love the Hawaii pics, especially the Darma Initiative camp....I MISS LOST! And Forgetting Sarah Marshall hotel....Love it. I LOVE that you got the pic for Caroline and Izzie. I still think of that and laugh, their little pouting faces pulling each pig tail on that poor baby, both trying to put her in their stroller....classic.

bethanyjones said...

Awe...so much fun!! Happy Birthday, Eddie!

Jen said...

Birthday parties at the Howard's are always good times!