Blog Archive

Saturday, September 11, 2010

South Padre Island

Late July my parents flew to Texas and Jeremy and I picked them up and headed to South Padre Island. We had a wonderful time! The weather was awesome and the beach was beautiful!
South Padre Island looked a little like this each day! Each morning we packed up "the cart" with chairs, kites, beach buckets, snacks, towels, chairs and umbrellas, and A LOT of sunscreen! Our condo this year was incredible and was close to the beach. Jeremy gets a gold star for pushing and pulling "the cart" everymorning and every evening! The beach formed what was like a small pool so it made for a perfect play area for kids!




Dinner was successful a few nights! By the end of the week we either ordered dinner and brought it back to the condo or ordered Ice Cream for Caroline right when we sat down. She's very happy here!!!!









We ate and ate and ate and ate!!! Mostly fish and it was all so good. This is at a restaurant called Black Beards. We had tried to go here last year but the wait was always so long.




Prior to our trip all Eddie seemed to talk about was riding the Big Boy Go-Carts! So here he is in a big boy blue car ready to ride.........
Well the picture looks good but he did not ride these. He made several attempts to ride by himself but he just wasn't ready for the solo ride so he rode with Jeremy later in the week!


Happy Birthday Eddie!! Eddie picked out a Cars birthday cake and we had a small birthday celebration! Yummmy!


Here are the kids actually sitting down and enjoying a meal!





Pop-pop and Caroline! What a pair!!!


Pop-pop and Eddie! If only I had film footage of the the boys! They had so much fun laughing!




This was at Amberjacks. My favorite restaurant on the Island!


Proud grandparents!




Here they are! Daddy and Eddie riding the Go-Carts!

At night grandma would pull-out some sort of game or puzzle from here suitcase!





Let's go Boogie Boarding! Eddie braved the waves!



Look at me! Whew Hoo!!!

This picture was taken on our last night. We went for a sunset swim! My boys!!




I love this pictue of my Eddie!!!






Of course, my mind always thinking about my baby Emily Kate.


Comfy! Relaxing! Oh, the beach!!!




A late night swim at the pool!


In the distance you can seen Jeremy and my dad waving! They were standing out pretty far. You can see Eddie running towards them- NO FEAR!



A close up!

Our condo!


The beach at night.


Can't wait to go back!











2 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful pics! I cannot believe how big the kiddos seem to have gotten just this year!! WOW!

Jen said...

I love all the pictures and I am so glad you finally updated! We didn't get to talk about your trip much because we left right when you got home!